Selank: The Natural Xanax, Anxiolytic Peptide
Selank is a synthetic peptide derived from the human peptide tuftsin, a tetrapetide associated with the immune system. The use of selank has been shown to help improve learning, memory, cognition, depression, and energy in patients. In the human body, selank acts as a stable neuropsychotropic, antidepressant, and antistress to help reduce anxiety and relieve aggression. Through allosteric modulation of GABA receptors, Selank regulates communication between brain cells to help influence processes involved in nootropic action and stimulation of mental activity.
Why Would I Want to Use Selank?
In clinical trials, Selank has been shown to be useful for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder. Although its actions are similar to those of tranquilizers or traditional anxiety treatments, such as xanax and benzodiazepines, it has no sedating or negative cognitive side effects and has no associated addiction or withdrawal problems.
- Improves anxiety and stress reaction
- Enhances memory & learning
- Strengthens immune function by increasing inflammatory proteins to help fight infections
- Increases BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) - an important brain-growth compound related to learning and memory
- Prevent weight gain and reduce cholesterol
- Decreases alcohol-withdrawal-related anxiety
- Decreased blood pressure and increase brain blood flow
- Helps to increase lymph flow to the stomach and decrease stomach ulcers
- Stabilizes blood enkephalins - natural peptides that can reduce stress
What You Need To Know
Selank is used as a nasal spray which will deliver the peptide into the bloodstream and into the brain most effectively.